|Affiliate Notice: Many of the posts on restingmomface.com contain affiliate links. By shopping through my links you allow me to contribute to my family income while being a stay at home mom. I appreciate your support!|
Welcome to What’s Up? Wednesday!
Trying to ignore the election outcome and the protests that followed was hard, but guess what? My cable company now has Netflix on the big screen! Dangerous…I know! But my iPhone thanks you Xfinity!
If you haven’t seen one of my previous posts, What’s Up? Wednesday is going to be a weekly series of posts highlighting either
- blog posts or news that I’ve read this week
- something that I’ve watched on Netflix or “regular” TV
- a podcast worth checking out.
Volume 003: Is it Thanksgiving yet?
The last three weeks of blogging have been a grind, but this week I’m working on scheduling posts out for the 2017 blogging year. I also am working on putting together my planner for 2017 so that I don’t get caught forgetting anything, a pet peeve about me that my husband reminds me of almost daily. I hope by writing ahead and planning I can give everyone a much more professional blog to lay their eyes on. This is what I’ve been up to this week:
In preparation for planning out my planner for next year I was searching for organizational tips: I read Overwhelmed with All Your To-Dos? Feel Like the List Keeps Growing? You’re Not Alone. I’m using a blogging system called a Bullet Journal with monthly calendar pages, but I really like these girls’ idea of focusing on 2 goals a day, having a “don’t forget” list and a “brain dump” list. It’s just enough structure to trigger your brain to write things down without having the process take up so much of your time that you have no time to actually do anything. I’ll be using this style along with my bullet journal format in 2017. I look forward to showing you my journal as it evolves!
I’ve had a little ADD this week every time I open up my Netflix app. After finishing all of the big series that I wanted to watch and this whole limbo thing is really draining my energy.
While browsing the latest, I did happen across a series called Too Young To Die and watched an episode on Heath Ledger, probably because the Batman keeps popping up on my movie list. I can’t believe it’s been so long since he passed away. 2008! Can you believe that? Anyway, if you want to know a little bit more about Heath, check out the episode.
Optimal Living Daily Podcast has become a daily habit. Since I’m always on the go, podcasts are the best way to ingest some great information without having to read all of it. Just think, you can better yourself with some personal development in about 10-15 minutes a day!
This week I’ve listened to the following episodes:
- 341: 19 Ways to be Better Today Than Yesterday by J. Money of Budgets Are Sexy (Waking Up: Something You Should Know)
- 340: An Excerpt from the Book Emergence: Seven Steps for Radical Life Change by Derek Rydall (A Good Life of Power & Purpose)
- 339: Declutter Your Life by Leo Babauta of Zen Habits (How to Start Being a Minimalist – Minimalism with Quick & Dirty Tips)
- 338: Why I (Kinda, Sorta, Sometimes) Hate Calling Myself a Minimalist by Cait Flanders (Like Brendon Burchard & Lewis Howes)
- 337: An Excerpt from the Book Szen Zone by Gary Szenderski (Narrating For You Like an Audiobook – Stories & Anecdotes)
- 336: 12 Little Known Laws of Gratitude (That Will Change Your Life) by Marc Chernoff of Marc & Angel (Similar to Lewis Howes)
- 335: 7 Ways to Sample Living With Less by Joshua Becker of Becoming Minimalist (A Feeling Good Podcast – Trust and Believe It!)
- 334: Your Life Simplified by Leo Babauta of Zen Habits (Your Revolution in Health Starts with Simplicity, Meditation & The Heart)
- 333: How to Sleep Yourself to Success by Kalen Bruce of Money Mini Blog (Learn Sleep with Me: This Post Helps You Fall Asleep)
Seems like a lot. Most of this listening either in the car on the way to run errands. Sitting in the pick up line at school is a good place to listen to. I may have overdone it. I had a 2.5 hour trek yesterday to get something for my hubby in the next biggest town over. Even one or two of these a day would be helpful, right?
What are you watching this week? Read anything good? Tell me about it in the comments!